Going Beyond Cancer
If you are in remission from breast cancer and are interested in healthier living, Beyond Cancer, brings together women who have recovered from breast cancer treatment for shared medical visits focused on health and wellbeing.
Over the course of this program, you will experience acupuncture and essential oils, tai chi and mindfulness, and other practices that are designed to help you define your personal path to healthier living. You’ll engage in conversations with people who are living with similar questions and concerns. And you’ll get extended time to chat with expert providers.
A healthcare team is present at each meeting, including one or more of the following health professionals, depending upon the activities and topics to be covered: medical doctor, naturopathic doctor, health coach, nutritionist, acupuncturist, nurse practitioner, physician assistant or other expert clinicians. Medical visit leaders will help you keep up with recommended follow-up care, including visits to treating physicians, and can assist with clinical matters such as placing consult requests.
· Affiliate with women who share similar health goals and concerns.
· Learn strategies for improving health.
· Spend extended time with providers.
· Gain personal insights from the questions and comments of others.
· Mentor future participants, if interested.
· Completed breast cancer treatment (surgery, chemotherapy, radiation).
· Approximately 3-6 months or more in remission.
· UCI patient in any clinical area. If you are interested, but are not currently a UCI patient, call 714-424-9001 for options.
Schedule: This is a 12-week program. Some meetings are in-person; others are virtual. In-person visits take place at: UCI Health Susan Samueli Integrative Health Institute, 1202 Bristol Street, 2nd floor, Costa Mesa.
For registration and more information: 714-424-9001
Program development is made possible by a generous gift from Sherry and John Phelan.